Wednesday 12 January 2011

Mist.

Today's mist and later heavy rain matched my mood which because of yesterday's sad news wasn't the best.
I was met with gloomy views at school.
But a "smiling" mug of coffee, a homemade chocolate cream muffin and my children's dictation notebooks waiting to be corrected made me feel better.I even took a few minutes to enjoy my coffee by the window.
Some colourful exercises at my third grade class,a little white feather like a soul from heaven on my plant at home,my narcissus that already opened their petals made me smile a bit.

And in the evening we watched  Bertolt Brecht's  Mr Puntila and his Man Matti at the
National Theatre of Northern Greece;a great play with a slight sense of humour  that gives forward the struggle of the working people.The two sides of a rich man who is good and friendly when drunk and wicked and cruel when sober.The play ends with the phrase "Owner and slave cannot be friends". I really liked the whole play,which was directed and acted on the leading role by a great Greek actor Kostas Kazakos who at 75 was exceptional. There was singing and music on stage and the actors and actresses who sang had fantastic voices as well.

3 comments:

Seamaiden said...

For such a gloomy start to the day, you sure found a way to cheer things up! Love the smiley face mug and the delightful flower photos! :)

Anonymous said...

You are a gifted blogger!

Ariadne said...

Thank you guys!
Coming from you both who write so beautifully this is definitely a great com(pli)ment!