Saturday 3 September 2011

Handmade birthday gift.

A friend gave birth recently to a little baby boy so I decided to make a handmade gift while at the summer house.
I followed the instructions in this magazine called Making (The Paper Issue) which is rather expensive and bought cheap chic beautiful IKEA frames.
The design is by Elsa Mora whose blog I love reading from time to time.
Here's the result for the baby's room. I mounted them in pink and light blue paper so they can be used all together in the baby's room or the blue ones in the baby's room and the pink ones in his older sister's.

 I made a photocopy of the design from the magazine as it was allowed.
 I cut it with a sharp cutting knife on a cutting mat following the numbers.


 It was easier than I had thought.

 Alice in Wonderland,Pinochio,Little Red Riding Hood and Peter Rabbit.
 Frames.
 Ready.
 His.
 Hers.

2 comments:

Pesky Cat Designs said...

Absolutely beautiful! What a thoughtful and lovely gift.

Unknown said...

Your little frames are beautiful!!