Friday 16 September 2011

Anemolia

One more book I just finished and really liked very very much is Anemolia a book in Greek by Isidoros Zourgos. The author is a teacher in my city and has written quite a few successful novels. I have read a couple and this one was really very good. It talks about the friendship men keep all their life, a life-long relationship with their childhood or school years' friends. It is the story of five men who escape one summer from their respective lives and travel on a boat to reach their dreams....
Anemolia in Homer's language means "words swept by the wind,unnecessary words".
 I managed to return the book to my friend who had lent it to me without even taking a picture, I don't believe it,still I remember that the picture of the boat on the cover had to do something with Dover.

No comments: