Wednesday 23 January 2013

On the 6th of January and a recipe

I had prepared this post but with this and that (it is January 22nd already?) I didn't post it so here it is.
On Epiphany Day January 6th, still off school, I prepared a meal for my brother and sis, my mum and so it happened Frieda, my friend from Skiathos, was here too.
 Simple decor. Glass Christmas trees all gifts of my brother. Ionia porcelain china dishes.



 The coasters were last year's Christmas present from my dear friend Cathy in England.

We finished our meal with Orange pie.Delicious!Thanks to my drama club friend Areti for giving me this recipe.
Orange pie recipe
Ingredients

1 carton of yoghurt (200gr)
1 glass of corn oil
1 glass of sugar
1 glass of fresh orange juice
5 eggs
zest of three oranges
vanilla
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 packet of pastry sheets(phyllo, not puff)

Turn on the oven to 180 degrees.
Crush the pastry sheets into small pieces and put them in the baking tray.
Mix all the rest of the ingredients together and add them on the pastry sheets.
Bake for about 40 minutes.
When we take it out of the oven and  it is cold we add the syrup.

How to make the syrup.
Add in a saucepan 1 and a half glasses of water, one glass of fresh orange juice, 2 cups sugar, vanilla and cinammon and bring to the boil. Pour over the pie.

4 comments:

McKenna C. said...

Great recipe! I sounds yummy!

beachcomber said...

mmm the orange pie sounds delicious!
x

Unknown said...

This recipe sounds good! Copying it and will be trying!

Annuk said...

Lovely decorations, lovely dinner party... and the recipe sounds delicious! :)