Sunday 2 February 2014

It was my birthday

on the 28th and I am sorry I didn't make any post for a few days but things have been hectic. I am doing so many things that there is no time to blog or read blogs. But I will catch up I am sure.
So on my birthday, it was a school day, we didn't do much.
I spent all the afternoon trying to say thank you to each and every one who sent me wishes on facebook, by e-mail or on the phone! I would like to say thank you to everyone who remembered me. I admit facebook does a great job reminding us of birthdays so I got wishes from people I know would never remember when my birthday is. But the same goes for me too!
I made a ready made lemon pie
 which of course Barca coveted.
 Spot the candle!
I got some lovely roses from my mum.
And some parcels arrived.
From dear Cathy in England useful school, office and home items.My pupils already loooove the stickers!
From dear Juliana and John in Scotland great magazines (Oh yes one more Mollie Makes issue!!!!!), with kits, amazing beads for my stones, delicious chocolate and handmade earrings!
Also from dear Brigitte in France a lovely notebook and a handmade bead necklace.
And a packet of shells and sea glass from my dear Maria Jose in the Acores!
A beautiful handmade card from dear Carolyn in England
and this lovely e-card from dear Ian in England again.
I know there are parcels on their way to me from other parts of the world, I got notifications from their senders but they haven't arrived yet!
Still I thank you all very very much!
I also received this lovely pendant from Christina (Cel Chan) of Celdeconail who is one of my new friends in my Etsy Greek Street Team.
And  I got this handmade driftwood boat from my long lost High School best friend Dora with whom we managed to meet this weekend after 15 years! (Sorry we were talking so much that we forgot to take pictures!) Hopefully we will meet again soon and take pictures too!
And this beautiful Phantom of the Opera mask earrings from my director and fellow actors and actresses at my Drama Club.
 Again Barca was really interested!
And this lovely Mudo Concept cushion and fistiklocum (Turkish Delight with pistacchio nuts-my favourite) from my dear friends Aykut and Sehnaz from Turkey who were in Greece on a short visit and we also managed to meet this weekend. Again I forgot to take a picture! Unbelievable!
Finally a lovely shawl by my dear best friend Gia whom we visited today for my Godson's birthday!
Thank you every one for the lovely gifts!
It was such a great weekend! I will talk about it more in future blogposts! I am only adding here details that concern my birthday!

13 comments:

Sarah in Stitches said...

Such beautiful presents! Happy Birthday, Ariadne :D

julochka said...

happy belated birthday! and i LOVE that driftwood boat!! fabulous!

Unknown said...

That lemon cake looks yummy... Happy Birthday again, xxx

zina said...

Happy Birthday Ariadne!!! My best wishes!!!!

Mii Stitch said...

Oooh, you've been so spoilt!!! Plenty of lovely gifts!!! Happy Birthday sweetie x

Decor Asylum said...

Χρόνια Πολλά, Ευτυχισμένα & Δημιουργικά! Υπέροχα τα δωράκια σου αλλά και η μουσούδα σταρ των φωτογραφιών. Καλό μήνα να έχεις :)

Poppy said...

Happy belated birthday, Ariadne! All the best in health and happiness, always!

Poppy

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Happy birthday! I see that you're an aquarius as well!

Stitching Noni said...

Happy belated Birthday!
Wow, you got very spolit :o)
Hope you had a lovely day!
Hugs x

eleanna said...

Happy, happy birthday! May all your wishes come true! So many interesting things you got there! Creative days are on their way!

Kaisievic said...

Happy Belated Birthday, my dear. Lots of lovely, well-deserved gifts.
hugs, Kaye

Anonymous said...

all your presents are really beautiful!

Valma said...

hooo so sorry I missed that important date :-/
next year I'll know =)
happy belated birthday sweetie
you got spoiled, well deserved gifts =)
you'll do more beauties with all those beads and shells....
big hugs
xxx