Saturday 1 June 2019

Let the people choose-June-Mermaids

Hello everyone!
On the first Saturday of each month I take part in Let the people choose, one more of Jo's of Serendipitous Stitching brainchildren!
This month the theme is mermaids, such a great theme as I love summer, the sea, mermaids, sea world and sea glass!
What can I show you to stitch about mermaids?
There are some free patterns that I'd love to stitch one day.
First this mermaid by Alita Designs. You can find it here.
(photo taken from Alita Designs site)
Second this little mermaid by the Snowflower Diaries.
(photo taken from the Snowflower Diaries site)
Third a HAED free pattern.It is called The shell maiden. It would be a dream to stitch this one. Only 24 pages of pattern but I love it!
(photo taken from Heaven and Earth Designs, page)
Now apart from these there are lots more mermaid patterns that I'd love to stitch one day.
I have even bought two second hand ones from a fb destashing page. One is of the Mirabilia mermaids.The enchanted mermaid.
(photo taken from the Mirabilia page)
 And I also bought a Satsuma Street mermaid. Which if I ever stitch it it will be on white or light blue fabric and not dark blue or black as the original.
 But what I must definitely show you is this pattern which was gifted to me by dear Laura of
 The Little Stitcher.
She creates beautiful patterns so you have to visit her etsy 
I stitched  the pattern and added it on this fabric bag which was a gift from a friend and it had a shop advert on it. Doesn't it look lovely? Thank you Laura!

You can even find a free mermaid pattern on her site. It is called The guardians of the sea. I have stitched this many a time and have given it as a gift to sea glass friends.
(photo taken from The Little Stitcher blog)
Here are mine.

Finally I'd like to show you some mermaids paintings from a recent exhibition I went to. The exhibition was organised by the Northern Greece Painters Association.(SKETBE).
The first mermaid with lots of glitter on it is by Penelope Kapetanoudi.

 The second which maybe is not a mermaid but still very beautiful is by  Mary Keremidou.
 Look at all that detail!
  Finally this one by Pelagia Lehou. I love how the sunlight enters the water on her.
 Hope you enjoyed my Let the people choose post! See you next time!

14 comments:

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Yes, I enjoyed your post. I lover mermaids big hugs

Barb said...

So many pretty mermaids. I especially like the colors in Mermaid Lagoon!

butterfly said...

Loved the mermaids ,such beauty .
Have a lovely day hugs.

Mia said...

Πόσο όμορφες γοργόνες!!! Αριάδνη μου, ευχαριστούμε για τα πατρόν. Φιλάκια!!!

jocondine said...

Nice mermaids show, love Satsuma and Snowflower D. Love how you cover the shop ad with your lovely stitching, very clever. The paintings are lovely too. Thanks for sharing. Amitiés. xxx

Rachel said...

Lovely stitching, stash, pictures and post! How clever to use The Little Mermaid design to cover up a shop logo. The Mirabilia mermaid looks as if she might be asking for you to start her... maybe one day... :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month.
I love all the mermaids you've shown us today. The Little Stitcher is one I have stitched too! Also for a friend. Thank you for the link to the free designs, I really like the pearls beads on the Mira Mermaid and the swirls in the Alita Designs.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

ps It's nice to see some original artwork too, thanks for sharing the paintings.

Ο κόσμος της Ράνιας said...

Πανέμορφα όλα τα έργα !!!!
Και κεντητά και ζωγραφιστά με ωραίο θέμα !!!

Katie said...

Great post. Lots of beautiful mermaids. Thanks for sharing.

Rhona said...

So many lovely mermaids!

Sheryl said...

A wonderful post Ariadne, what a terrific amount of lovely mermaids. I like the little mermaid awaiting her prince and the pretty mirabilia piece.

rosey175 said...

So many mermaids here! I don't think I've ever stitched one, hmm... The freebies you've linked will be helpful! I like the Guardians of the Sea piece; it's so perfect for your sea glass friends.

Pamela said...

Gorgeous mermaids! Thanks for the links.