Friday 29 June 2012

Five days at the beach house.

I really don't know how fast the days passed. How fast time flies! I think I will go to sleep and schools will be open again.
Anyway it was great at our summer/beach house. Mainly for two reasons. I didn't have chores to do and secondly because we were almost all alone as all of the rest of our neighbours except the pensioners are still working. That added to the silence and the relaxation of the place.
So here is what I did...
... I relaxed spotting angles to take interesting pictures...
(like this plant seen in a paddle of water on my just washed table)
(or this plant in a nearby field)
..... I found the right place for my sailing boat, a gift by a friend from the Drama club at my nameday party.

...I looked for insects and butterflies to take pictures of....



....I admired all the different colours of flowers that are around in the neighbourhood...


....I collected sea glass before and after swimming and was quite lucky this time as I found some beautiful pieces...
 (I love seeing feathers on the beach,too)
 (That was my best find for a long time and unfortunately all the photos I took do not do justice to its real colour)
 (The shells were fantastic too)
 (Plastic can also be very beautiful sometimes!)
 (I grabbed this little fellow alive and then released him, that reminded me of my childhood when we used to find so many crabs at the beach!)
 (nice lot after the night's storm!)
...The only chore I did was some ironing and I did it this way, isn't it the most enjoyable way to do the ironing?
....I admired the skies before and after the storm...


... I enjoyed my coffee while reading and finishing this book Jeffrey Archer's First among equals...It is a fantastic book. So there goes one down from the pile of seventeen books I brought to read at the beach house.
...I enjoyed the sunsets....

...I did some cross stitch which I will show you in the next blogpost and  last but not least I had this encounter....

 (She/He was sunbathing on my lawn and allowed me a couple of close ups!Isn't she/he gorgeous?)

5 comments:

devonseaglass said...

It's so beautiful.

butterfly said...

Wow Ariadne what a beautiful place to relax. Oh how I wish I was there with you , here it was like winter today cold windy and rain not a bit like Summer.
Enjoy your Summer Days .
I love your photo's .
And I see you are reading a book by Jeffrey Archer , I had to look after him once he was speaking at a business meeting . And I would make sure he had a drink when he was signing his books.
What a small world we live in.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Lovely photos, looks like a beautiful place to stay. I love the last two photos, as you say a most gorgeous colour/pattern.

Heather said...

Beautiful pictures. You make me wish I could be there too.

Evamaria said...

Great finds from the beach, those shell look so beautiful.

Greets,
Evamaria

http://despite-the-style.blogspot.com/