Sunday 22 December 2019

2019 Online Advent Calendar

Hi everyone!
I know you haven't seen me for some time here. It seems that even blogging has become difficult for me these days. Anyway...

Thanks to Jo of Serendipitous Stitching though I managed to make my last blog post for 2019.
And that's her Advent Calendar.
I am on December 22nd so here is my photo.
I had stitched this Christmas stocking for my son back in 1997. I managed to finish it for his third Christmas and I really like it so very much. There is so much detail in it. And beads too.
I had found the pattern in Cross Stitcher magazine issue of December 1996 and my mum did the finishing into a stocking when I finished it in time for Christmas 1997. So it was totally a labour of love from a mother and a grandmother to my little boy Miltos. I hope he will treasure it as a heirloom. And I hope you like it too.
For this Christmas I only stitched this little piece from Winter 2018 Craftpod kit. It's beautiful isn't it?
The red berries branch is from an older Craftpod kit too.
Jo also asked us to say in this blog post our favourite Christmas movie. If you read all the blog posts you will find lots of interesting movies to see for Christmas.
My favourite Christmas movie is a Finnish film called Joulutarina ( Christmas Story). It was sent to me as a DVD gift by my Finn friend Johanna and her family after we had visited Finland after Christmas 2006. You can find the movie with English subtitles on You tube and I personally show this movie to my pupils of the 6th grade every year and they love it.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0772176/
The second movie I love to watch not only every Christmas but also through the year and I have watched really a hundred times is You've Got Mail with Tom Hanks and Meg Rayan. In fact I am going to watch it today again as it is on our TV although I have it as a DVD as well when I want to watch it at other times. I especially like the scenes from New York at Christmas.

I recently saw another movie on Netflix and really liked it so I thought of suggesting that one too. It is Klaus and it is animated and very very witty. I am sure you will like that, too.

 I also thought of adding a few photos from this year's minimal Christmas decorations at our house.
 This is our big table with some fir branches, lights and tealight candles.
 My porcelain mushrooms, a wooden advent calendar winter scene, my nativity scene, and my crystal tealight candle holders.The blue cross stitched piece I made myself.

 This is where the stocking stands.
 Also you can see another Nativity scene, my son's first ornament a Santa on a bike, two little houses I got from Poland  and two music boxes from my friend Juliana.
That's a tea light candle holder I got as a gift from a pupil this year and the reindeer is from Finland.
 The wreaths I made last year. I had also made some blue ones that I sent out as gifts this year.
My pomegranate collection and the lights are from Finland too.
No Christmas tree this year.
But I admired this one at the city centre mall and loved it.Maybe next year!LOL!
 If you have read so far then I have a gift for you. This is a Christmas kit I had received from my friend Marabeth many years ago but I know this is not something I am going to stitch so if you feel like stitching it please say so in your comment. I will pick someone on 31st December.
If you would like to visit all of Jo's Advent blog posts you can do so here.
Thank you Jo for the inspiration once again.
Have a great Christmas and New Year's Eve. Enjoy the holidays.
EDIT. I finally did a drawing and the kit was won by Purple Pixie Dust.

22 comments:

Jennifer said...

I really enjoyed seeing how you decorated your house for Christmas. I would enjoy stitching the Glory to God cross stitch you are offering. Merry Christmas, Jennifer Hayward

Purple Pixie Dust said...

I miss your blogs, this one is very nice thanks for all the town pics. I would like to be in your draw. Have a Merry Christmas and a very good New Year. Big Hugs Lynda Ruth

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

Nice to visit with you again, the stocking is wonderful and you have given me some new films to go looking for. Very kind of you to offer the pattern at the end of your post. I am sure whom ever is lucky enough to get it will enjoy it greatly. I wish good luck to all entering the draw and a Happy Christmas to you one and all.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Advent Calendar Blog Hop this year. I love your stocking with all the beads.
Your house is beautifully decorated too, sometimes less is more and you have some lovely things.
I do hope you find room for that large tree next year! You may need to make a hole in the roof though!
Thanks for sharing your favourite film, I will look it up now.

Beth in IL said...

I love your decorations, but especially the Advent Calendar. It is so pretty. Thanks for sharing.

Elfie said...

I very much enjoyed reading your post. Your stitching is beautiful, and so are your photos. Merry Christmas!

Barb said...

Your home looks all ready for Christmas and your stocking is so pretty!

Sandy said...

Love seeing your Christmas decorations. Merry Christmas!

jocondine said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely Christmas stitchings and ornaments! I'm curious about the pomegranate collection and like the Finnish reindeer. The stocking is great too. I'll try to find your movie and of course you've got a mail is a must see in the family especially with DD3 (you only have to say f o x or caviar for topping and she is happy). Joyeux Noël !

jocondine said...

I forgot to say that I have order some hoops online so 2020 will definitely be the "hoop" year! Love the one you made. xxx

FlashinScissors said...

Your decorations look wonderful! Like a Christmas grotto!
The stocking is beautiful.
Thank you for sharing the film too!
Wishing you and yours a Very Happy Christmas.
Oh, and I hope you have some “me time” for some stitching soon.
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Marie-Anne said...

What a lovely stocking! I like it very much!!!
I wish you a very merry Christmas, Ariadne!

Marie-Anne said...

What a lovely stocking! I like it very much!
I wish you a very merry Christmas, Ariadne!!!

DJ said...

I truly loved your blog post! So many wonderful decorations in your house, to include the gorgeous stocking that you made for your son. It is amazing! I also enjoyed hearing about the movies you enjoy. I will have to watch the first one you mentioned, it sounds wonderful! I love the little kit you showcased at the end and would LOVE to stitch it, so please enter me in your giveaway! Thank you for sharing your Christmas with us...I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and wish you all the best in the coming New Year!

Ρένα Χριστοδούλου said...

Τι ωραία που στόλισες το σπίτι σου Αριάδνη μου.
Κάθε γωνία είναι μια ιστορία.
Όλες οι συμμετοχές στο ημερολόγιο αντίστροφης μέτρησης είναι πολύ ενδιαφέρουσες.
Καλά Χριστούγεννα και του χρόνου με υγεία.

Thalia Tzellou said...

Τι ωραία κεντημένη κάλτσα και τι ωραία που στόλισες Αριάδνη μου! Οι ταινίες είναι και δικές μου αγαπημένες! Χρόνια πολλά και καλά με υγεία και χαρά! Να περνάτε όμορφα!

Katie said...

Nice to see a post from you. Love the stocking you made. How special. The new hoop pieces are adorable. So simply and yet beautiful indeed. Thanks for sharing your movies and your Christmas decorations. Fantastic. Please don't enter me into the drawing. I wish everyone else interested lots of luck though.

Astrids dragon said...

What a gorgeous stocking, I'm sure he will treasure it always. Your smaller kits are sweet, I like how they are totally different. Your house is decorated beautifully, even without a Christmas tree!
I'm only 14 minutes into watching Joulutarina, and I love it already! Thank you for showing us something new to watch and enjoy.
I hope you had a very Happy Christmas.

Christine said...

Beautiful stocking and Christmas decorations. We watched Klaus this year and really enjoyed it

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I know you haven't posted in awhile but I hope you get this. I wondered how you are doing during the pandemic! I hope you are well and things have been ok with you and your family. Please update me if you can. I miss you! Stay safe! Sweet hugs, Diane

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Haven't seen your blog for a long time. I do hope you and your family are well. I am sending you lots of love and hugs. Have a great Week. Lynda Ruth

Mia said...

Αριάδνη μου, πολύ χάρηκα που με επισκέφθηκες. Αναρωτιόμουν πού βρίσκεσαι. Χαίρομαι που είσαι καλά και ελπίζω σύντομα να ξαναχαρούμε τις όμορφες δημιουργίες σου στη μπλογκόσφαιρα. Σε φιλώ.