Friday 22 June 2012

Weekends

Dear friends,
thank you for reading along and for your comments. Today this is probably my preultimate post before my leaving for holidays so it is rather heavy in pictures.
Since April when at last the weather started getting better we have enjoyed our weekends a lot.
Here are a couple of photos from them...
a weekend at the beach in the end of April...
enjoying eating just the two of us...

and collecting some sea glass...

...an afternoon at Vafopouleion Institute to see a Karaghiozis Art Exhibition in May...


...and an art exhibition at the same building...



I loved those spring paintings.
... a Saturday morning at the antique market n June...



 I bought very cheap this cross stitch piece...
 and this old frame with a school prize from 1951. This I will donate to the Education Museum.
 And on the way back I found these crochet beauties on the sidewalk! Hubby was angry and felt embarassed because I collected them but wouldn't it be a pity to leave them there? They need better pictures I know.
...a Sunday morning walk at the sea front promenade where a book exhibition was taking place...


I didn't buy any books as I didn't find anything interesting apart from those glass Karaghiozis figures which we couldn't afford,
but I loved looking at the water lily pond...




and spotting this red dragonfly made me really happy!


 ...walking back home I loved that wall graffitti with the fish. I would love one like that on my summer house wall.


 ...and one more weekend at our summer house...
watching the sunrise early in the morning...

watching a little kid playing at the beach...
watching insects...


 looking at, touching, smelling, collecting, eating fruit from our trees...

...and a couple of days ago attending a shadow puppet performance by Giannis Chatzis, a very good local shadow pupeteer,at Kapantzi Villa. The play was about Las Incantadas, a collection of statues that were stolen from Thessaloniki and are in the Louvre now.





I know I could have made lots of different blogposts out of all these events I talked to you about but since I won't be blogging from now on and for a while due to holidays I wanted to tell you all about them now.I hope you too have enjoyed your weekends in spring and will continue in summer!

No comments: