Friday 22 June 2012

Peace and Plenty Blessing

I very deeply and sincerely believe that when one gives to others one gets back lots and lots more.
And I don't speak about money because that's something I don't have to spare.
So I have decided to give things I have or make gifts myself when I want to give a gift or when I just want to make someone happy.
When my best friend Gia whose son I have baptised started building her own house with her dear husband to house her beautiful big family I thought that the best housewarming gift would be a stitched gift. I had received this kit from my dear generous friend Marabeth from the States and I realised it would be excellent for Gia. So I started stitching it, stopped at some point to stitch other gifts,some baby gifts as you have seen recently, and then went back and finished it. I got it custom framed and today I managed to give it to my dear friend while we had coffee just the two of us. Needless to say she loved it and cried with joy. That's my best reward. Her tears and joy and love, that's what I got back, and I am so happy!



It is the "Peace and Plenty Blessing" by Bucilla.

3 comments:

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

beautiful stitching - the frame matches the piece perfectly -

Anonymous said...

what a precious gift Ariadne!

Heather said...

I think it is wonderful to give gifts of our stitching, which is definitely by extension gifts of our love and time. You picked a beautiful piece for your friend, and your stitching is love. The framing is perfect, too.