Sunday 10 June 2012

Romania Day 3 Dracula

I have been bombarding you with blogposts but I really want to finish all the posts I want to write till the end of the month so Romania is my first priority as there is so much to show you from that trip.
So continuing on the Monday the third day of the trip as I mentioned in the previous post we were on a long day trip. First we stopped at the town of Sinai and visited the outside and garden of Peles Castle and the monastery.
Then we continued our trip going up on the mountain.
Everything was white and that is the 9th of April. We don't usually see snow that late in the year in Greece but for Romania is something quite ordinary.






Finally we arrived at Bran where Dracula's castle is and since it does not belong to the state it was open even on a Monday.


We climbed the stairs and went in. There is not much to see inside. It is quite small with some furniture but not much of it belonged to the Dracula..







 That table reminded me of mine!


Ok now while uploading photos I got a shock because I just learnt that my one GB Picasa limit is over. Just after one and a half year blogging I have no more free space to upload photos. So now I can only upload photos in smaller size. I will try and see what happens. I will also probably start deleting photos from earlier posts.Do you think that will help? If anyone knows what I should do please tell me. Of course I could buy extra storage but I would prefer not to at this time of bad financial crisis!
 So I continue with the inside of the Dracula castle. I am sorry the rest of my pictures are of a different size in pixels and that way they will be from now on.
We saw beautiful views of the outside.


 And more details inside.


 That crown and sceptre belonged to the Dracula himself. That is Vlad Tepes. Those of you who don't know the story of the real Count Dracula read this.


 After the castle we did a little bit of souvenir shopping and then we went to the picturesque town of Brassov where we only managed to take some pictures and drink coffee before returning to Bucharest.

This is the narrowest street in Europe! We managed to pass through though!
The next day later on.



2 comments:

Denise said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful pictures and telling us about Romania! I know very little about it and to see the photos of the lovely
homes, castles and snow covered scenery
was an education in itself.
I also love seeing your Greek photos.

Hely said...

That place looks really nice! Thanks for sharing the pics :)