Thursday 7 June 2012

Sidewalk finds...

I used to call them curb finds but I think I prefer the new name I read on a blog, I can't really remember which one.
Anyway I had found this white frame a long time ago and that's how it turned out.

I added to it a teatowel I had bought from Arounna's etsy shop. You can find them here.
Another sidewalk find was totally different!
I was out for an afternoon coffee with a friend one day and while returning home we saw this leaning on a trash bin. Without even stopping I grabbed it and said "Oh I'll take this with me!" She smiled  and said "Why not?"


I put it directly on the wall after just dusting it!
It is a beautiful backstitch with golden thread on black velvet! It is huge and I love it!
This will be a winter frame on this wall and Arounna's will be a summer one!
And here is another photo I took the first time I brought it home.

The flash hit directly in the mirror. As if the reclining lady is playing with the sun in her mirror.As I read somewhere this is called Forced Perspective photography. Maybe I am wrong. You can see 99 photos of the forced perspective photography here. Anyway mine just happened like that!
Thank you for your comments and becoming a follower! See you soon!

3 comments:

arounna said...

wow!
it looks wonderful framed
I love it!

Dani - tkdchick said...

What neat finds!!!!

Lisa said...

Here we have a saying One persons trash is another persons treasure!!! it is so true.