Tuesday 24 January 2012

Calendars and diaries.

I have been keeping a diary for ages. When I was younger I used to read back my diaries and then as I found some things really silly I tore them apart and threw them away. But the last ten years or so I have been writing a diary regularly and keeping it. I am not going back to read it but I enjoy having them and being able to look up in them dates of events I have forgotten.
I also have calendars all around the house to see dates. I don't cross out days as they pass. I just look at them to find important dates like when is the next loan payment or a bill unfortunately or the next holiday fortunately!
Last Christmas I had received lots of calendars from friends and pen pals and sea glass friends and a Flower Fairies diary from my dear hubby.
This year I decided it was high time I used a perpetual diary that I had kept for ages. It was a gift given by Susanna, a cross stitch magazine, years ago and as it was so beautiful and contained cross stitch patterns I did not want to use it. But I think the economy made me to give in and use it instead of buying a new one. Anyway I am getting old why should I keep it unwritten for future generations?LOL!
So here it is....

 It has beautiful paintings.....
 and recipes(in Italian unfortunately)....
 and cross stitch patterns.....


And here are my calendars this year. Just two.
One from Andria my sea glass friend from the States....

 I love it!

And one with monthly cards with quilts from my dear pen pal Cathy from England who is a magnificent quilter.



3 comments:

Dream on the wave said...

Somewhere hidden in a drawer I have two half full diaries that I wrote when I was in my teens. Although they are quite embarrassing to read I still hang on to them. Luckily I am the only one that can decipher them. But I think maybe I should let them go. I still find it hard to part with such things though.
Love the seaglass calendar!

Angry Blue-green Bee said...

That cross-stitch book looks interesting! Your blog makes me want to paint and embroider and crochet and leave aside my law studies!

Ariadne said...

@Angry Blue-green Bee No no go study!AriadnefromGreece!