Tuesday 17 January 2012

Frames

I know I have not been blogging for a couple of days but things have been a bit hectic with my mum's health problems and all the chores I have to run out for her as well as certain things hubby and I have to utilize. More in future about this.
Anyway I have had for some time some things framed so here they are in no specific order!
Remember that card I had bought from Lilarubyking?

Well I turned it into a frame.

I also framed my very first cross stitch which was school work.
Then I framed a poster Kim, a sea glass friend, sent me from the Sea glass Festival in the States.
I gave a facelift to this old frame of Manto Mavrogenous I salvaged from school!
These previous three are going to be added in the summer house collection!
Another photo with Anna's card framed. Next to my son's Aris Salonica team clock of course!
I at last decided to give some space on my wall for my University diploma and my awards for getting a very good entry place and for adding to the collection of books in the Educational Museum of Veria, Greece.
Since this is the year of the dragon here is my dragon, I painted this on acrylic sheet and it is a shadow puppet theatre figure. It is quite big and enjoys a place over my Billy bookcases.
Two more additions on my pink bedroom wall.
A frame of a beautiful card I had bought in England years ago
La Belle Dame Sans Merci by Sir Edward Dicksee.
John Keats wrote the ballad that so many painters illustrated.
I love the ballad and this painting.

I met a lady in the meads,
Full beautiful-a faery's child,
Her hair was long, her foot was light,
And her eyes were wild.

And a small cross stitched dancing girl from my childhood years again.
Last but not least, Geninne's original The Umbrellas.
I had trouble framing this one because when I realised there was a drawing on the back of the collage I wanted to show it too and not imprison it in a frame. So I gave it a full extra plexiglass frame which I can turn around and show the back anytime I want.

Of course you do recognise Margie's crocheted stones and Paula's vases,crochet pebbles and delicate porcelain leaves.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with all that framing you've done. I have so many bits and pieces laying around needing frames.
Those cross stitches from your childhood are charming!

Unknown said...

Sorry your Mum's not well! My 2012 has started badly too, will email you when I have a few minutes.
Your frames are lovely!
I like the one you saved from your school!