Friday 1 March 2013

The Spring has sprung

Today, March the 1st, is a glorious sunny but cold day.
I cut a small branch from a tree I saw in my neighbourhood that has already bloomed. And I put it in my little bathroom budvase.And it changed my mood at once as its little buds started blooming one by one after a while.Isn't nature magical?


 And I made a makrame Martis, a little bracelet for March. I made it with red and white thread  and a button. It is a custom here to put one on on the 1st of March so the first warm sunny days do not burn your skin!

4 comments:

Dream on the wave said...

Kalo Mina! That is a pretty marti, with the button.
I didn't make one this year....hope the sun isn't going to burn too muchr\.
Many greetings, Frieda

barbara@sparrowavenue said...

it looks like an apple or pear blossom. Do you know what it is?
So nice to have blooms; we have at least another month to go
Have a lovely weekend

Lisa said...

Hi nice bracelet. No buds here yet its still cold.

Annuk said...

Kalo mina, Ariadne! :)
And have a lovely weekend!
Love from the Alps!