Friday 6 February 2015

Reading Challenge 2015-January

I love reading books.Well you know that.
About a year ago I met Giannis in one of the crafty meetings of in my closet and he loves reading books too. Moreover he has got a great book related page called
So little sleeping and so much reading.
You can find it on facebook too. Also on instagram. And on etsy here.
Giannis started a reading challenge for 2015.
At first I thought I shouldn't take part as I read lots of books every year but I mainly read in summer the books I have in my bookcase shelves.So I didn't know if I could keep up with the challenge.
But Giannis' blogpost about the #readathon15 intrigued me so I decided to take part.
I joined in and I have to read at least 24 books in one year that fall into certain categories.
Some categories are simple like "A book you won or borrowed". Others are simply motivating like "A novel by an African writer".
What I really didn't expect was that in just the first month of January I would have finished 6 books!
We also have to take a picture of the books we read and post them on the page.
My photo of one of the books I read was chosen among 350 photos and you can find it in this article.
I am happy I found my motivation in reading every night before I go to bed.Thanks Giannis and So little sleeping and so much reading.
The books I read in January.
1. Maxim Gorky The informer
Category:A novel with a young person/child as the protagonist.
Gift by a relative this Christmas

2.Anthology of Modern Chinese Short Stories
Category: A book taking place somewhere you alawys wanted to travel.
 It was given to me free at the International Book Fair of Thessaloniki in 2010 when China was the honoured country.

3.George Orwell Animal Farm
Category:A favourite book you wanted to reread.
Gift by a relative this Christmas

4.Dimitris Tzivelekis-Nicholas Tzivelekis Greek Shadow Puppet Play "We spent the money together but I am paying back by myself"
Category:A book your pal really likes.
Bought by hubby.

5.Giota Tsertekidou  I will wait eternally for your moment
Category:A book you finished in a day.
It was given to hubby by the poet for taking part in her book presentation.

6.Anthology of Modern Chinese Poetry 
Category:A book of poetry
It was given to me free at the International Book Fair of Thessaloniki in 2010 when China was the honoured country.

6 comments:

Sara said...

Oh, I love reading too! The idea of the readathon is great, but I will not join it as I have some 10 books I really want to read. I would just end up breaking the rules... Maybe I'll join it next year.
About the emails you get returned I don't know if it's my problem and/or how to fix it. If you want you can just reply to me as a new comment on your own post, but you don't have to if you don't want. For me commenting is part of the fun ;)

Sarah in Stitches said...

Some great choices! I love the idea of having to read books that fit in these categories. Enjoy! :D

Decor Asylum said...

Κι εγώ διαβάζω κάθε βράδυ, διαφορετικά δεν μπορώ να κοιμηθώ. Αν ποτέ σου δοθεί η ευκαιρία, διάβασε το "Ο Γέρος και ο κος Σμιθ" (αν δεν το έχεις κάνει ήδη δηλ.) από τον Πήτερ Ουστίνοφ. Είναι το αγαπημένο μου :)

Sheryl said...

You are doing so well with your reading challenge. I love reading too, but just not enough time in the day.

faith76 said...

Wow six books is a challenge for me in one mont. I can only manage one if I am lucky. I think you will easily do this challenge.:)

Marie-Anne said...

I love reading, and I am actually at my 6th book also since the start of the year!!!Good continuation in the challenge!!!