Monday 9 February 2015

Our trip to the U.S.A.(20)- Mystic Aquarium

After The Book Barn we went to Mystic and visited the Mystic Aquarium.
There are a lot of photos. Hope you like them.
A sand sculpture.
 Beautiful posters everywhere.
 A mosaic whale.
 For days when people asked me what impressed me the most in the States I answered " The belugas".
I have visited lots of Aquariums around the world and now it is hard any to impress me as I have seen a lot. The same went with the Mystic Aquarium. The only thing that impressed me were the beluga whales.







 The seals and the sea lions were beautiful too.







 I didn't see any butterflies.
But the lily pond was gorgeous and I saw a dragonfly.




 The penguins were gorgeous.

 There were little boats to drive.
 I loved seeing that little seal being washed.
 Isn't it cute?
 Of course taking photos in the inside tanks was very difficult to photograph.
 But those glass ornaments made by Jeffrey P'an are gorgeous and I am fortunate to have one of his glass ornaments sent to me by dear Marabeth years ago.

 Jellyfish are the most difficult to photograph.





Fish are also very difficult to take a photo of.
 I loved seeing the moray eels.

And the barracudas.

 There were so many strange fish.





And other strange creatures.
 Sharks too.
 And sting rays.


 We touched a little alligator.

We attended a seal performance too.





We touched crabs too.

 And met with Nemo!

 And touched stingrays. That was quite a feeling at the touch.
 A squid almost ate up my hubby!
 I loved seeing Alvin, the little submarine that explored the Titanic.

 I enjoyed visiting the Titanic exhibition gallery.











 Of course we had to take the photo!

 On the way out we had to look at the belugas again.




 And they said goodbye!
 This was the view outside the Aquarium It was funny!
And this is a souvenir I bought at the shop.It's a glass starfish.
 It matches the painted stone I had bought years ago.



9 comments:

Linda said...

Awesome pictures Ariadne. Looks like a wonderful place to visit.

Linda

butterfly said...

Wow more nice photos , how many photos did you take on holiday , thanks for taking us there.

zina said...

ζηλευω!!!! τελειο!!! μπραβο Αριαδνη! να ειστε καλα να ξαναπατε και να μας ξανατξιδεψεις!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Beautiful pictures! I love aquariums. There are Beluga whales at the aquarium in Valencia, Spain, and I adored them so much I just had to get a souvenir mug with their faces :D

Mii Stitch said...

Looks like my idea of a perfect day trip :) Love the sand sculpture, mosaics and the Titanic part of our visit!

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, wow looks like a wonderful day at the aquarium-I went to the shedd aquarium in Chicago many years ago in my youth-very cool experience.
I love your souvenir very pretty and love the colors
Kathy

Decor Asylum said...

Πόσο υπέροχα είναι τα πλάσματα του νερού!!!

AppleApricot Wen said...

Beautiful photos of a magical place!! And such a beautiful souvenir you brought back home. Wishing you a happy day ~ Wendy xx

Purple Pixie Dust said...

That was great, I did enjoy the pics. hugs Lynda Ruth