Saturday 28 February 2015

Gifts sent and received (in November and December)

Although I have become rather slow in writing letters I still send cards and parcels and other things around the world but also receive lots.
So here is a blogpost about mail I sent and received in November and December!
I sent lots of Christmas cards and received lots but I didn't take photos of them all.
But I did take photos of other mail I sent.
At some time in November I sent my friend Marabeth in the States a thank you gift.
I made her a Shutterfly photobook with photos from our trip.
I also made her a Shutterfly thank you card and I cross stitched her a card as well for her birthday.

Now here's the parcel I sent for the In My Closet exchange. Although I shared what I received (you can read it here) I never shared what I made and sent.So here it is.
I made a stone of course. And as Aliki of My Angels, My World blog loves white I made it in her favourite colour. I loved that stone, one of my favourites!
 Here's the rest of the parcel.
 I also made this little cute Christmas card in a box!


Here is a sea glass felted stone I made for my Etsy Greek Street Secret Santa Exchange and it went to far away Canada to my dear Stella of Inspirations by Stella. I also made her a sea glass pendant, both in her favourite colour turquoise.

I made this sea glass owl pendant for my dear Juliana in Scotland for Christmas. I used the owl charm that Erina Katerina sent me along with other supplies in the In My Closet exchange.
I received lots of Christmas cards.Here are the ones from my friends Annie and Stavros and Julia and Stratos in the States, Johanna in Finalnd and Christine in France.
This is a lovely gift from Andria, another friend in the States. She sent me this lovely card, and my name made with wire and a little parcel with her love. Don't you love everything?

More Christmas cards from Kerry in the States, Tua in Finland and Andrea in Trinidad&Tobago.
 I made this little green fox for my friend Frieda on Skiathos island. Frieda is trying hard to support The Green Fox of Skiathos recycling programme so I made her this little fox in green for her. I found this in Crafts Beautiful magazine if I remember correctly!
It was in brown so I made it in green for Frieda and added one of Erina Katerina's art supplies she sent me.

 Some time ago I had bought this emroidery from the destashing sale of Laura Lupin of
Bugs and fishes. So I put it in a hoop and it looked lovely for Christmas. Laura still has a destashing sale in her shop.

 I made this card for Anna's of In My Closet Christmas card competition. I used a bamboo box in which I had once received a gift in. Some washi tape.
Felt and felted cut outs I had bought at Xeirotexnika.
And some stitched wishes and a 2015 charm and some buttons of course!

One more stone I made in December.

I will make another blogpost about the Christmas cards I received (most came in January) and more mail and other things that I sent and received in the two first months of the new year!

12 comments:

Marie-Anne said...

Υπέροχες οι πετρούλες σου με τα γυαλάκια, πανέμορφες και οι άλλες χειροτεχνίες σου, πολύ μου άρεσε και το αγγελάκι που έβαλες στο τελάρο, όπως και η αλεπουδίτσα!!!!
Καλή Κυριακή και καλό μήνα!!!!

Unknown said...

This is one of the sweetest blog posts I have read. It just goes to support my belief that my connections with Greece especially Etsy Greek street team is always very warm and always very generous

Linda said...

Such lovely gifts Ariadne.

Linda

Ο κόσμος της Ράνιας said...

Πάρα πολύ όμορφα δώρα !!!
Καλό μήνα !!!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Lovely gifts, both given and received! :D

Decor Asylum said...

Τι όμορφο να έχεις τέτοιες επαφές με άτομα από όλο τον κόσμο. Οι πέτρες σου, όπως πάντα υπέροχες, το ίδιο και οι κάρτες στο κουτί. Εμένα πάντως με κέρδισε η αλεπού! Καλό μήνα :)

Rhona said...

Such beautiful gifts!

Unknown said...

Thank you for all your nice cards, letters and gifts, sorry I don't do as much...

in my closet said...

I really loved this card <3 Thank you so much!

Mii Stitch said...

Wow! You have been so productive & full of creativity :)
Love the little fox & the white stone... Absolutely beautiful!!!

zina said...

λατρεψα το αγγελακι! ειναι καταπληκτικο! και οι καρτουλες σου και οι πετρουλες και η αλεπουδιτσα...ολα υπεροχα Αριαδνη!

Thalia Tzellou said...

Αριάδνη μου είναι όλα υπέροχα!!! Τα λάτρεψα όλα και είδικά τις αλεπουδίτσες!!!