Sunday 16 March 2014

Some purchases and a gift!

I have little money to spend on purchases but some things just beg you to come back home with you at times, don't they?
So here they are in random order....
Three little tables from IKEA bought at very good prices during the sales.
First the IKEA PS 2012 side table. It comes in three different styles. Flat, fruit bowl top, or four bowls top.
You can see them here.
(This photo is from houzz site)
I bought the fruit bowl top one for 15 euros. I put my felted stones inside and covered it with glass. It looks great as a display and I can take great photos of my stones too.Barca seems to agree.

Then two small side tables made only of wood and glass for 10 euros each. I put some of my grandma's crochet on top. All three tables are in the living room as we didn't have any side tables there.
Those lovely colourful socks, one for each day of the week I bought at Lidl.
 Then this online purchase from a favourite shop Dutchsisters. They make amazing bags from vintage embroidery. They even added this lovely heart on the parcel.
The embroidery is all around the bag, so I can hold it on both sides.



When I went to buy a book for my Godson, I just happened to see this notebook and all of a sudden I realised that I could buy Geninne's notebook-journal here at home. I bought it at Public. You can find it online here.
 There are empty pages to draw or write.
 Pages to colour.
 Pages to paint in watercolours.
 And lovely colourful pages.
 I tried to videotape the pages as I have seen being done on online bookstores but Barca didn't really allow that. Still you can have fun with her here.
Finally a gift I recently received from a very generous lady. Zina of EfZin Creations chose me among her other blogland friends to gift me with one of her lovely jewelry pieces. She even managed to choose the proper colour for me, blue.


(Photographed on an otchipotchi stone)
You can find her shop on etsy and read her blog too. Thank you Zina.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your idea of putting the stones in the fruit bowl, lovely!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Great purchases, Ariadne! It's always the little things that make a big difference :D

Decor Asylum said...

Πολύ ωραίες οι αγορές σου και το δώρο σου! Με' γεια. Καλημέρα & καλή εβδομάδα.

eleanna said...

So many beautigul things!!! I wanted to buy this table for so long... It's so convenient.
I didn't know you can find Geninne's notebook in Public. Great!

zina said...

amazing purchases! I love the IKEA table Ariadne and the notebook! so beautiful all of them. Hope you will enjoy them!!

And I am really glad you like the gift! Καλοφορετο :)

Mii Stitch said...

This little table was made for you!! YOur little stones look great in there :)

Anonymous said...

Το κάθε ένα αντικείμενο απ' όσα μας έδειξες έχει τη δική του ξεχωριστή ομορφιά! Να τα χαρείς!
Λατρεύω τη δουλειά της Geninne, δεν είχα προσέξει ότι υπάρχει στα Public!

Vasiliki said...

Όλα είναι πανέμορφα και να τα χαρείς αλλά η κεντημένη τσάντα είναι ονειρεμένη !!!

Geninne said...

I can't believe you found my little journal in Greece! :-) That's so exciting Thank you so much for snapping some pics Ariadne, and the love...I really appreciate it.
Your felted rocks look great on that IKEA table!
Hugs from sunny Mexico,
xoxox,
Geninne

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Lovely purchases! And you got a great gift too! Perfect for a mermaid.

Valma said...

wow ! great purchase and gifts here :)
very beautiful journal !
I love going to Ikea, but I barely go out of the shop without something in my basket :D
there are so many useful, beautiful , funny and cheap things there !
it worth the road (it's at about 40km from home...)
xxxx