Sunday 9 March 2014

My trip to the Peloponnese(9)-On the road to ...New Year's Eve.

We left Monemvasia (see yesterday's post with 100 photos) early in the afternoon in order to reach Nafplio, our base, in the evening to see the New Year in.
We followed the GPS instructions which proved a mistake because it took us from the road less travelled,so we climbed up mountains in foggy and rainy conditions. To top all that hubby felt sick and as I don't drive it proved quite a scary part of our wonderful Peloponnese holidays!
Note to myself....rush to refresh my driving skills as soon as possible.
Today I am linked to Our Beautiful World blog with the theme Road!





 Leonidio






 Finally we reached Nafplio and had a lovely dinner at Epi Skinis, a restaurant where all the walls are covered in photographs and programmes from theatrical plays.




 I had Borsch which of course is not a Greek dish but I really liked it.
 We saw the New Year in at the sea front the two of us (other couples were around too) waiting for some festivities or fireworks but unfortunately the municipality of Nafplio didn't do anything so we simply returned to the hotel!


11 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Yes those roads can be quite scary!! Thanks so much for sharing this at Our Beautiful World

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

The decoration in that restaurant is absolutely perfect for you!

Lynn said...

Thankyou for the lovely comment on my cross stitch blog.

These photos are amazing!

Ariadne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
zina said...

I love traveling by car with such a weather!!!

and great restaurant!

Desire Empire said...

It looks very adventurous, but I have to say, that like you, I am not keen on driving in the mountains, as the weather is often terrible and the roads are usually pretty bad. I must say you look very happy in the lovely restaurant though. Clearly it was worth the trip.
Carolyn

Vasiliki said...

Για άλλη μια φορά συγχαρητήρια για της φωτογραφίες, με κάνουν και αναπολώ το δικό μου ταξίδι στην Πελοπόννησο που φυσικά ήταν εξίσου ονειρικό.
Και φυσικά έχεις βραβευτεί για άλλη μια φορά με το Liebster award.
http://daxtilostovazo.blogspot.gr/2014/03/liebster-award.html
Bravo!

AppleApricot Wen said...

I'm proud of you that you did drive there in the rain and fog! Goodness, such bad weather you had. Great Road photos, this truly is "on the road" in more than one sence. Big hugs

nikiad.blogspot.gr said...

Πολύ ωραίο οδοιπορικό !!!!
Προσπαθώ από χθες να ακολουθήσω το blog σου και μου εμφανίζει :

We're sorry...

We were unable to handle your request. Please try again or return a bit later.
Πρώτη φορά μου συμβαίνει !!!!
Θα ξαναπροσπαθήσω - προς το παρόν σε ακολουθώ στο bloglovin .
Καλό βράδυ !!!!
Νίκη

Miss LindaLee said...

Thank you for sharing so many beautiful pictures of your trip. I love traveling by car. I feel that I want to see everything I can so driving is my favorite way to travel.
The picture of you is lovely.

Unknown said...

A beautiful road and even better destination! Thanks for sharing it with us at Our Beautiful World!