Wednesday 27 November 2013

Philoxenia 2013

Philoxenia is a branch of the International Trade Fair here in my city. It takes place every November and lots of Greek places, cities, islands, municipalities, prefectures, the Greek Tourism Organisation as well as many foreign countries provide information on how to visit them and what they have to offer.
I love going there, inspite the entrance fee ticket of 5 euros, because I love finding informative leaflets of places I haven't been to and probably plan a trip.
Before going to Philoxenia we went through the municipality hall where a fair of organic products was being held. I bought my favourite sweet and sour green pepper chutney (it has jalapenos peppers inside) from
The ChilliFactor.
The municipality hall was beautifully decorated with apples and lanterns.We even met the mayor!
And then we went to the Philoxenia grounds.
 It was fun meeting two "little" creatures of Oneiroupoli (The Christmas Village in Drama)
 Another exciting factor to visit Philoxenia is trying local sweets and treats from various parts of Greece although I admit that this year (probably due to the financial crisis) the treats were much fewer.

 A strange robot was moving around....
 Azerbaijan...

 and Indonesia had beautiful stands...

 Also Tunisia ...
 and Egypt....
 We planned a couple of trips, you will hear about them later....Bytheway can you spot/guess the destination of our last trip for this year? I will draw a name out of those who will guess correctly. It's in the photos. Just be specific!And you have to be a follower.
When we were heading back home the skies looked ominous....
 But there is always hope in the horizon....


3 comments:

Valma said...

beautiful pictures of what seemed to be again a great moment
I love the last one with your words...
if there's always hope in the horizon (and there is) ...smile sweetie =D
You're too lovely
xxxx

zina said...

this is great! I am jealous I have to say :)

Emma/Itzy said...

Is your trip to azerbaijan? :)