Saturday 16 February 2013

Tribute to my uncle

My dear uncle Antony died in Athens yesterday and we are heading there for the funeral. May he rest in peace. He lived a long full life and I am glad my mum had the chance to meet him ten days ago and be with him and chant Christian psalms with him for the last time.We had the chance to meet him in summer for the last time too.
My uncle like all our family was from this beautiful city, Constantinople.
As a tribute to him and all our family some photos from our trip there back in 2011.
 Holy Trinity Church
  Saint George Patriarchal Church
 Chora church
Hagia Sophia

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Very sorry to hear your bad news, Ariadne! My most sincere condolences to you and your family!

Sonia / COZY MEMORIES said...

Oh Ariadne, I'm so very sorry for your loss. Please accept my condolences. I'm glad you & your mom got to see him not too long ago.
I see a lot of yourself when seeing him on this photo.
Love your way & your family's.
xoxo

Lisa said...

So sorry for the loss of your Uncle. That is a great picture.

Annuk said...

My heartfelt condolences to you and your family, Ariadne...
Oh, Constantinople... what an amazing city you stem from!
Hugs

prpltrtl946 said...

Sorry for your loss! I am glad you have good memories to hold on to! Beautiful tribute!

prpltrtl946 said...

I am sorry for your loss! I am glad that you have good memories to hold on to.
This is a beautiful tribute!

Desire Empire said...

Rest in peace to your uncle. Grief is the price we pay for love I'm afraid. Despite the sad circs I hope you enjoy meeting up with your family.
Carolyn

Lynn said...

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with your family at this time.
Your pictures are a lovely tribute to your Uncle.

valerie said...

Very sorry to hear this sad news about your uncle. Condolences to you and your family.