Sunday 24 February 2013

Jewelry course (1)

I have to stop thinking about Barca for a while and concentrate on all other things I do or have to do.
Anyway I am so behind with my blog unfortunately.
 I will show you some things I have been up to lately.
In November I joined a jewelry course. Although the distance to reach the place where it is being held is rather long, I decided to take it because it was much much cheaper than other courses I had inquired about and it is being held by my friend Irene.
So we meet every Thursday evening for two hours. We are six students attending so it is good to be able to concentrate on what we do and have a good feedback and attention by our tutor.
Here's what I have done so far.
I admit I only deal with this during the lesson and not so much at home. Also I try not to buy new materials and try to use up beads and other things I had collected over the years.Of course I have to buy little bits and pieces and findings all the time. I guess in future I will add handmade jewelry on my etsy shop but it will take some time to do that.
So in November I learnt the techniques and made:
this brooch with wire, beads and soldering in the first lesson.


This pair of earrings with wire and beads and soldering in the second lesson.
 This chocker necklace with wire, beads, soldiering and ribbon in the third lesson(so far my best piece made)
This bracelet with wire, beads and a knitting needle in the fourth lesson. I also made one at home (the orange one with the shells)

Then in December we learnt and made:
this necklace with wire and beads.


And this necklace.
And bracelets with makrame weaving style
More of what I have learnt so far in a following post.
The porcelain lace stones are by Paula Valentim of Otchipotchi.

4 comments:

Emma/Itzy said...

Lovely items! I really like the twisted blue and orange shell bracelets x

prpltrtl946 said...

How beautiful!! You are quite the artist! 8*)

Do you use special soldier and flux? I used to work with stained glass and have some my soldier and flux left...maybe I can use it? 8*)

Thanks! 8*)

Anonymous said...

very good ariadne!

Debbie said...

Very pretty pieces. I love the bracelets!