Tuesday 26 February 2013

The twilight of the Orient.

Back in November again. Oh why am I always so late?
Anyway hubby and I had visited this exhibition at Villa Kapanzti.Old postcards of Thessaloniki in 1912.We also attended a short dramatization of the life of women during that period.
The actress is Marita Tsalkitzoglou who works at my school as a Drama teacher this year.
Cyclists at the cycling race of 1900.
 Various jobs of the time.
 The White Tower with its outside walls.
 Yeni Cami, New Mosque in my neighbourhood. It still stands here.
 This is an unbelievable postcard. That's my neighbourhood and how it looked in the beginning of the 20th century.
 Clothes of that age waiting to be worn by the actress.
Marita Tsalkitzoglou.
Marita is acting at Anton Chechov's The Cherry Orchard at Villa Kapanzti and we are going to watch it on Saturday.So I will tell you about it then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what an interesting exhibition about old thessaloniki.
i love the foto with the cyclists.
you know may be it would be better if the houses
were builded like this in the fotos and not all this giant
flats that hides the horizon.
i like the old city much more.