Friday 15 January 2016

Blue

Blue is my favourite colour!
It probably has to do with the beautiful blue of the Greek sea and the Greek skies I guess.
My soul opens up whenever I see blue.
Here are some examples of blue I spotted around me recently.
At Krini, a suburb of my city, when we had a shadow puppet performance for the scouts I walked the beach of course!



What a lovely blue colour this car has!
A blue seaglass felted stone I recently made for the EGST exchange really appealed to many people.
We bought some lovely shadow puppet brooches from Ro Gallery recently and they were on blue paper.
I spotted this blue grafiti on a neighbourhood wall.
I drank my coffee in this blue mug this morning.Gift from my son a long time ago.
The pot with this dry blue plant is always next to my computer screen.
I still light these candles in my kitchen.
In front of my blue wall. The photo doesn't really show it that well. The colour is much better.
And you can also see my blue clock and blue cross stitch.
A blue & on my kitchen counter.
Toothpicks in a blue Romanian ceramic tiny mug.
My blue armchair-cross stitch corner.
Some blue in my candles.
A lovely blue blown glass keyring I received for Christmas from a dear friend in England. Thanks Kim!
I brought my first two "babies" from the ceramic class at home. And of course they are blue.
 We went to the theatre with the school all the way walking the beachfront. It was great!So much blue!
With this blogpost I join Our Beautiful World.
 The word blue was chosen by Mandy of Mandysea blog.
You can join in too. Go to OBW here and link your blog.

18 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Oh what beautiful blues!! You have some wonderful shots ... makes me want to jump on a plane now! Love your felted stone Ariadne!

twinpeakprimitives said...

Blue is my favorite colour too!

Your blue post and the images within, are so wonderful, so tasteful and so inspirational ♥

Happy Sunday

Purple Pixie Dust said...

I love blue too and thanks for showing such lovely blue photo's, I love your love brooch. big hugs

Poppy said...

Love your blue hues, Ariadne, especially those of our gorgeous Greek sea and sky, which I miss so very much!

Poppy

Unknown said...

I love blue,too. It's a soothing colour I think.

Ο κόσμος της Ράνιας said...

Τι ωραία η μπλε ανάρτηση !!!!
Την κατα ευχαριστήθηκα !!! Πολύ ωραίες εικόνες !!!
Καλή εβδομάδα !!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Lovely lovely blue!!! When I think of Greece, the picture that came up to my mind are those white building with blue tops by the water!
Re: note sure what the stones in my post are, I was just attracted by the colors but has no interest to bring them home so I didn't really ask.

Akamatra said...

I love blue too! Your photos are awesome as always! I especially love the ceramic bowls you made!!! I am so jealous of you learning such a great art!!!

Brigitte said...

Wonderful to see all these blue things, and so many different shades of blue.

Mii Stitch said...

Blue-tiful!!! Love the keyring!

Frances said...

What beautiful blue photos! The water is really gorgeous there! And I love your ceramics--very pretty!

Minoru Saito said...

Wow! Very beautiful photos.I have never been to Greece. Thanks for sharing.

Emma/Itzy said...

Lovely pictures! I think two of my favourite colours are blue and green.. :)

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Blue is one of my favourite colour too... And my car is blue as well! Lovely sea pictures!

Decor Asylum said...

Υπέροχες όπως πάντα οι φωτογραφίες σου Αριάδνη! Τι τέλειο το μπλε του μεγαλύτερου κεραμικού που έφτιαξες;; Γεια στα χέρια σου.

Sunday at Home | Κυριακή στο σπίτι said...

Blue blue strange color blue που λέει και το τραγούδι!
Πανέμορφες φωτογραφίες αλλά κόλλησα με την τέλεια κούπα από τη Λήμνο!
Την αγαπώ όπως και το νησί φυσικά!

Kaisievic said...

I love all of your blue photos, Ariadne, such beautiful shots and you have some lovely blue pieces in your home. I have always been very much a purple or pink girl (and years ago, for a couple of years I only bought clothes (tops and dresses) which were pink and green but these days I have been very drawn to the colour blue and no wonder, it is so beautiful! Great post, thank you.

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Greece certainly has some beautiful blue sea and sky views, as well as the blues in your lovely home. I was also enchanted by the gorgeous blue felted rock that you made. Blessings!