Saturday 13 October 2012

Meeting Dawn

A great thing that has happened to me since I bought my beach house is finding sea glass. The result of collecting sea glass was my interaction in various sea glass sites and the making of great friends around the world.
One of those sea glass friends was visiting Greece the last week and her route brought her to my city too.
We didn't have much time to spend together but it was great meeting Dawn and dining out together.
Here are a couple of photos.
We met at the hotel reception. I went and asked the receptionist to call Dawn to come. And the receptionist asked me if it is the case of the lady from the States whom I don't know. I answered yes and then Dawn came and we hugged and kissed and started talking as if we knew each other for years!It was so great!

 At Aristotelous Square.
 A couple of photos from Agioli, the restaurant we dined at. I loved all those toys in the decoration. We sat outside at the balcony overlooking the whole bay. Unfortunately the photos did not come out well.

 Dawn brought me some great sea glass from Bermuda!
 And three books by Nicholas Sparks who lives near her place! I have already read two books by him Nights in Rodanthe and Message in a bottle and I looooove them! So I have great books to read in summer probably if I manage to resist them till then!
 I usually don't show what I give as gifts unless it is something handmade. So here is something I made for Dawn. I found the pattern in the Little Stitcher blog and it was for free.
 Guardians of the Sea.
 And a bit of sea glass for Dawn from my beach along with a painted stone by a colleague from school.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

nice gifts exchanged. It is nice to meet with people who share the same interests as you. I love the pattern you stitched. Can you send me the pattern, I tried to get it but I could not. Leelee624@aol.com

Anonymous said...

those are wonderful gifts Ariadne!
I love your seaglass collection, it's getting so colorful and shapes are so curious! keep them coming!