Friday 17 May 2013

Framing

Thank you all for your kind good luck wishes for my son's exams.
Today I will show you lots of frames. Some I have made myself and some were custom ordered. I love frames on my walls. Unfortunately I don't have many walls and now not even any free walls.
First a vintage cross stitch piece that my friend Marabeth sent me from a thrift store!(I love American thrift stores!) Unfortunately when I washed it the red colour bled. 
So I coffee died it.
And then framed it in a vintage frame I found on the curb.

Here you can see Barca with a watercolour painting my friend Ian sent me from England which I framed in a vintage frame I found at an antique store.



And here's one more cross stitched piece I made this summer and had framed.
Finally a print with its frame from the 70's I bought very cheaply at the antique market recently and had renovated a bit.
If anyone knows who the artist is please let me know.The signature is Frosar.

6 comments:

butterfly said...

You have some wonderful frames, wish I could give your little dog a hug , such a beautiful face.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Oh wow, great job getting that red bleed out with coffee staining! I'm impressed

Kaisievic said...

Really clever of you to do all of that framing! Beautiful stitched pieces.

Sahildeki Ev said...

We are exactly in the same situation. We need more walls at home :))

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely frames & fantastic job at removing the red bleed!!! I would have gave up on that one :D x

Unknown said...

Hello,

I recently came across an original painting by the same artist "Frosar". Were you able to fins anything else about them?

Thanks,
Rob