Thursday 14 July 2016

With Janet and Bruce

I know I haven't blogged for some time now and I am behind with my news but life sails fast in this corner of the world....in fact it is the middle of summer and there is so much to do. Mainly spend holidays in the best way we can as last summer had been dreadful with the operation I had and the problems at the beach house.
So we started our holidays with a trip to Skiathos about which I will blog later on.
And then we went to the beach house to clean up. It is quite difficult to clean up a house that hasn't been cleaned for a year but I am glad I did a thorough cleaning and it looks much better now.
And then it was time for friends to visit.This time it was Janet from the States who came to Greece with her husband Bruce and they added Thessaloniki and Chalkidiki in their itinerary to meet us.
It was a really short visit but we managed to do and see a lot.
Janet and I met online some years ago through the sea glass sites and when Themis and I visited the States we visited her as well. I am so glad Janet decided to pay us a visit too.
We took our friends from the airport directly to our beach house in Chalkidiki.
After some refreshments we went down the beach for some sea glassing and to see the sunset.

My idea was to give Janet all the pieces of sea glass I find and I must say it was one of those good days when you find a lot. I am so glad.
It was the night of the Euro final so we had pies (the leek pie was really appreciated) and TV. I supported France but Portugal won afterall. No problem!
The next day we went to Kallithea to see the view and buy some souvenirs.
Then to Afytos where we had refreshments and coffee at the most amazing balcony of Notos Bar.
Look at this view.
The Ethnological Museum was closed as it was a Monday.

We ended up having lunch at Argonaftes, the tavern we usually go which is really good and Barca friendly too.
Loutsos fish, gavros fish, octopus and squid was what we had and they were all delicious!
In the evening we spent some time at the beach seaglassing and then we went to the nearby Pomegranate Spa Hotel to see the fountain music show! They say it is one of the three there are in the world. I really don't know. But it is good!

Of course as no good things come alone we had some plumbing problems (yes again!) so the plumber came the next day. After he left (and no the problem wasn't solved ) we left for Thessaloniki!
First we walked our neighbourhood and guess what. We found an old bookshop where prices were really low.

Then we had lunch at Kati ap'ola.It was really good as usual.
We then went to the White Tower, hopped on the culture line bus and did the tour around the city just to see the sights!
Afterwards we hopped on Arabella the pirate boat and had coffee while tourng the bay!Marvellous views and the weather was so good!

We ended our evening at the sea front and the sunset again saying goodbye to our friends who left early the next morning!

It was so great to have Janet and Bruce here and we really enjoyed their company!Barca adored them too!

16 comments:

Rhona said...

So many beautiful pictures! Looks like you're having a wonderful time :)

Ελένη B said...

Τι υπέροχα νερά!!!!! Να τα πιεις στο ποτήρι!!!!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh my! You really packed a lot into the visit! And what amazing views! Of course the sea glass treasures were wonderful and how sweet of you to pick up for her. And of course I have sea glass that you picked up for me! What a wonderful friend you are sweet lady! Hugs, Diane

Kaisievic said...

Great post, Ariadne, I so enjoyed every picture. You live in such a beautiful part of the world.

butterfly said...

Thanks for sharing, looks like you all had a wonderful time.

KimM said...

Oh my goodness...how wonderful to spend time with friends. What beautiful pictures!
xxx

zina said...

μας ταξιδεψες! οσο για τις φιλιες... τυχεροι οι ανθρωποι που εχουν καλους φιλους και τους απολαμβανουν :)

Mii Stitch said...

Looks like you're having a wonderful break :)
I'm so envious of that gorgeous blue sky!

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos as usual, Ariadne!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Looks like you are having lots of fun with your friend from the States, and the food sure look yummy!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

It seems you had the best time and the best weather! I hope the plumbing problem is resolved by now.

Lillie said...

Gorgeous scenery and what a joy to have friends visiting.

eleanna said...

It's wondeful to see you city like a tourist, you can enjoy the hidden beauty! Seems like you & your guests had a great time ;)

Unknown said...

What a packed itinerary you managed with your friends! We have the water display here in the UK: http://www.waltzingwaters.co.uk/index.html It's on the Isle of Wight, where I used to live, but I have never seen the show! Maybe I should make a trip to see it......

kathyinozarks said...

Wow what a wonderful visit you all had-good times-good eats-I am sure she loved all the sea glass to take home I have really enjoyed mine in the bracelets I had made

Thalia Tzellou said...

Αριάδνη μου χαίρομαι που περάσατε τόσο ωραία με τους φίλους σας και αν κρίνω και από τις υπέροχες φωτογραφίες θα έχουν πολύ όμορφες αναμνήσεις από την Ελλάδα! Να περνάτε όμορφα ότι κι αν κάνετε! Φιλάκια πολλά!!