Tuesday 22 April 2014

Easter weekend

First of all I hope you all had a great Easter holiday!
Also I would like to thank all those who leave comments on my blog. I cannot answer them personally as they are most no-reply bloggers like myself I know. Blame google+. But those who have blogs I usually leave comments on them so they can understand that I am reading their blogs but also their comments on mine. Again many thanks for your comments!
So here is what we did this Easter.
We went to our beach house on Saturday.
My first concern was my plants as we recently had an occurence on a neighbour's tree that some awful person destroyed.
I was happy to see my plants doing ok. I haven't got many anyway!



 And one of my neighbour's flowers. I love purple.
The weather on Saturday seemed to be changing all the time.
So after lunch I took a very long walk at the beach to collect sea glass.
 Here are some good pieces I found. A lovely orange tile!
 A very diaphanous piece!


 A yellow porcelain piece.
 A very dark green.
 A lovely round one!See the ant? I only saw it on the computer!Not while I was taking the photo!
 Don't you love that purple rope?
 And that wooden step?

 I bent to get this white piece and thought  I saw a green one behind it.
 And yes it was a huge one!

 And a coin!
 A 10 cent euro coin!
 I love my huge piece!


 The beach was absolutely deserted!All mine!

I returned home and sipped some coffee looking at the green fields.

 Then I walked around to get all the magestic sunset hues in!

  Barca accompanied me! I loved those two photos which were taken with no extra app or anything and they look as if I painted them with a brush effect!

 We didn't go to church for the Resurrection ceremony. We didn't want to leave Barca alone at the beach house as she is not accustomed to be alone here.Instead we went outside near the beach. We could here the bells and the hymns from the village church and the waves from the sea. The stars were all shining in the sky and all around the horizon we could see fireworks being thrown at the moment of Jesus resurrected! It was a magical moment!Much more a ritual in itself!
The next day,Easter Sunday, the family arrived. The sun shone. It was again a glorious day!
 And we ate some great dishes!
 After lunch me, my sister and my niece walked at the beach. But I forgot my camera!
On Monday Barca, hubby and I walked the beach again.We had to get rid of some of the calories of the day before.



 Barca insisted to swim!




 Look how strong the sea is in winter here.




 But so beautiful too!
There are lots of these flowers at our beach. At last I found out that they are called Sally-my-handsome or Carpobrotus acinaformis and they are very easy to transplant so that's my next aim to have some at my garden.
 I collected some lovely pieces again.






 And I collected some lovely wild flowers to take home!
 Hope you enjoyed my photos!
This blogpost is linked to Our Beautiful World.

23 comments:

Sarah in Stitches said...

Stunning pictures, Ariadne! I'm glad you had a great Easter weekend :D

simply bev said...

Gorgeous photos! Your beach looks beautiful and how lucky you had it all to yourself! I always feel like I'm collecting treasure when I gather beach glass. I love it!

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a very nice weekend, great photos!

nikol said...

Αριάδνη μου Χρόνια Πολλά και του χρόνου εύχομαι να περάσετε πανέμορφα !! Δεν ξέρω που είναι αυτή η παραλία αλλά τα φούξια λουλούδια τα βρήκα και εγώ εδώ στο Σούνιο .
Τι όμορφα γιαλάκια βρήκες ; Δεν έχω βρει ποτέ μου .
Καλό σου απόγευμα

Purple Pixie Dust said...

I so enjoy your photo's and I love all your beach glass.

Anonymous said...

everything so beautiful ariadne!
looks you had a lovely easter weekend!
χρόνια πολλά!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

You took some amazing pictures and you found sme great seaglass. I love the pictures of Barca on the beach.

eleanna said...

So beautiful colours! Wondeful nature, the flowers, the sea, the sand, the sky, the ...food! I m soooo jealous! It seems you had a great time.

Valma said...

amazing pictures sweetie !!
the one of the purple sky...wow
but they are all very beautiful and it seems you had a great moment by the sea !
you collected new great treasures :)
fantastic :)
xxxx

Sunday at Home | Κυριακή στο σπίτι said...

Πολύ όμορφες οι φωτογραφίες σου! Φαντάσου μου μοσχοβόλησε η θάλασσα! Και του χρόνου να είσαι καλά!

Desire Empire said...

Looks like a great weekend.

You are lucky to have found so much sea glass, we don't get much of that here.

Your plants look really healthy too. How nice it is to take long walks buy the sea.

Carolyn
Desire Empire

barbara@sparrowavenue said...

so many amazing images!
looks like you had a perfect weekend!

zina said...

it seems you had great time! more to come Ariadne

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I was in awe all the way through your photos! Just seeing the water and the gorgeous beach is a treat for me. And you found seaglass...how special. AND a coin! WOW! I love the pale blue pieces of seaglass. Looks like you had a lovely weekend. Sweet hugs, Diane

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I really feel like I am by the seashore right now, thanks for sharing those wonderful photos with us at Our Beautiful World!

Unknown said...

So many beautiful pictures and wow amazing seaglass!

Unknown said...

Totally forgot!
Thanks so much for sharing them with us at Our Beautiful World!

Ros Crawford said...

Love seeing your photos ... Always so interesting ... Thanks so much for sharing with us at Our Beautiful World

Robyn Oliver said...

A fabulous collection of seashore photos Ariadne...it does look a bit wintery but I love the collection of sea glass - I can't resist picking up shells. Cheers Robyn

Manuela said...

Very interesting to see, i didn't know something about seaglass!!
Great photos thanks so much for sharing this with us at "Our Beautiful World"

Maria said...

Fabulous photos by the seashore...so wonderful!!!

Contagiously Crafty said...

Stunning photos! I think my favorite are of your lively and spirited dog! I'm so glad to have found you through Our Beautiful World.

Contagiously Crafty said...

Stunning photos! I think my favorite are of your lively and spirited dog! I'm so glad to have found you through Our Beautiful World.