Wednesday 16 April 2014

Easter decorations

Unlike previous years that we went to the beach house for the whole of the holidays certain things (the weather among them) kept us in the city this year!
Therefore I cleaned up, and decorated with my collection of Easter eggs.
Here are some photos.
My mum's embroidered Easter cloth.

 And some close ups.
I made this collection of animal Easter eggs many many years ago when my son was five, during our first Easter together after my divorce! We tried to have fun and it was so great to make them. The eggs were store bought dyed in various colours and I think I had found the patterns in a Marie Claire Idees magazine.

I hang some eggs bought in Prague from branches I collected at a walk.
The Indian girl.
 Blown glass.




 Two huge ostrich eggs from Africa.
Marabeth's glass egg(painted from the inside) in AtelierStella vase (I had won in a giveaway) and two Romanian eggs.

 Some of the eggs I have made during the past years at Easter. And some given to me as gifts.
 Candle eggs inside candle holders.
 The bird I was given this Christmas by a pupil inside a crocheted basket given to me by another pupil next to Margie's of Resurrection fern stone.
 My aunt's hen next to the porcelain candle holder I bought at Nafplio this Christmas.
 Wooden eggs from Romania along with a wooden ladybug from Prague inside a basket by my best friend next to a bunch of beautiful fabric bunnies bought at the Orphanage Melissa bazaar this Easter.
 Tomorrow I will be dyeing this year's Easter eggs.

15 comments:

Ariadni St. said...

Τέλεια αυγουλάκια!

mononai.blogspot.gr
fetoula.blogspot.gr

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I love your egg collection and could recognise the ones from Prag! I was also drooling over your bookshelf we can see in the background.

Unknown said...

Lovely Easter decorations, Ariadne!

nikol said...

Η συλλογή σου με τα Πασχαλινά αύγά είναι πολύ εντυπωσιακή !!!
Σου εύχομαι Καλό Πάσχα και Καλή Ανάσταση!!!

Rhona said...

What a lovely collection you have...they are wonderful!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Wow, great collection of eggs! Happy Easter, Ariadne! :D

butterfly said...

Lovely eggs , Happy Easter.

Decor Asylum said...

Υπέροχη η συλλογή σου Αριάδνη! Ευχές να εμπλουτίζεται συνεχώς :)
Καλή Ανάσταση & καλό Πάσχα

Valma said...

a very beautiful collection :)
I love that blue hen
have a great Easter weekend
xxx

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I've never seen such a beautiful collection of eggs. I guess we think see too many plastic or wooden eggs here in the US. I love the animal eggs and the special meaning of them. And the crochet things you have are beautiful, too. Have a blessed week my friend! Sweet hugs, Diane

Vasiliki said...

Υπέροχα Αριάδνη!!! Καλό Πάσχα και Καλή Ανάσταση.

Poppy said...

Such pretty designs on all the different materials!

Kali Anastasi, Kalo Pascha!

Poppy

Unknown said...

Lovely egg collection!Happy Easter Ariadne, xxx

Unknown said...

That is quite a collection! The ones you made are adorable. I think my favorite is the hanging one with the lace-like holes. Ceramic?

Mii Stitch said...

The Easter egg decorations are fantastic & so cute!!! I love them all xxx