Thursday 30 August 2012

More mid July beauty.

I might bore you with this type of blogposts but I would love to share with you all the lovely moments I had during summer. At first I thought of making blogposts according to theme, reading, cross stitch, sea glass etc. But that was too difficult for me to choose all the relevant pictures among the 900 I took this summer.
The cardinal continued being stitched every day.Each picture of the cross stitched piece was taken on a  different day.
 I tried all the time to catch photos of insects. Here is my continuous effort.

 Got you!
 I cooked gemista (stuffed tomatoes and peppers) many a time! It is one of our favourite summer dishes.
 The cardinal again!
 I have this type of plant growing freely around. I think it is called arugula. Well it can be eaten in salads or with yoghurt and a bit of garlic and olive oil.

 The cardinal yet again!
 I loooooved reading Victoria Hislop's The thread. It is the saga of a little girl who ends up living in my city Thessaloniki. Please do read this book. It is excellent. I enjoyed reading it along with my coffee even on those rare stormy days.

 Storms are good for collecting sea finds afterwards of course.

 And I kept warm and cosy in Marabeth's beautiful lighthouse T-shirt.
 A tiny moth.
 One stormy day I had this amazing encounter. While sea glassing I met this woman on the beach who was throwing some gemstones in the sea and generously gave me some. Her name is Elysabeth Williamson and she is a yoga trainer and was in Thessaloniki to teach partner yoga.We had a lovely chat together. You can find her website here.
 These are the gemstones she gave me to pray with.
 Birds were swarming on the lawn.
 Love sea foam sea glass.
 And I found this little car after so much time that someone lost it!
 Finally the cardinal again!

No comments: