Sunday 4 November 2018

Let the people choose-November-Birthstones


I know this blog is starting to look very cross stitch oriented and nothing more.
I am sorry my friends and followers but time is short I am unable to blog, not much happens in my life since my mum got sick, not much worth blogging about I mean.
So I only blog when I have a challenge and I have to blog. And that happens only with my cross stitching and thanks to Jo!
Jo of Serendipitous Stitching gave us another challenge. Every month on the first Saturday (that was yesterday) we will blog about something we chose in common. Something that follows a monthly theme. It's Let the people choose challenge.
So the November theme is birthstones. I admit I had to ask Jo what she meant, I mean what those who voted for it meant!LOL! After she explained I decided I wasn't up for the challenge because I had no pattern to follow birthstones and I really don't want to stitch things from Pinterest that are not copyright free. So I wasn't going to stitch anything.
But then Rachel of Ten Hour Stitcher blog posted on her blog some free patterns so I thought I could do this. So yes I am up for the challenge.
Birthstones means to stitch something that is related to your month of birth and its colour.
I was born in January and the stone associated with it is garnet.
Garnet is red.
And that's the pattern Rachel put on her blog.
You can find this pattern along with the rest of the months in Rachel's blog or at the original blog that has designed them. That's Palko Lap blog here 
And here's how I made it. I printed the pattern and used the appropriate DMC colour which is 816 called garnet.

I will turn this into a card for a birthday in January for a friend.
Of course if you read Jo's blog post or you look up on the internet you will find many more birthstones cross stitch patterns. Some are with fairies, some are with angels and some are with dragons.
I like them all but I especially liked those ones from etsy. Have a look at Lucie Heaton here. There are some really beautiful patterns like this one.
Apart from birthstones I had started in 2017 to stitch flowers each month but they are not in the colour of the birthstone. I only managed to stitch three months and they are in my WIPs.
The theme for December is dragons if you like to follow.
See you!

15 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow, that was a quick stitch! It looks amazing in your chosen colour and has now made me realise how much I want to stitch mine! Lucie Heaton's fairies are adorable too. Looking forward to your dragon post next month. :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the SAL this month. I love the speed with which you stitched the January block. I am even more tempted to join in now! It looks lovely.

Beth in IL said...

Wow! great job getting that stitched up. So cute!

Brigitte said...

Another great theme.

Christine said...

Wow that was a quick stitch! It will make a lovely birthday caed

Kaisievic said...

Great blog post, Ariadne and thanks for the link to the freebie patterns.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Flying needle there Ariadne, lovely work. Sending wishes to you your mum too.

Astrids dragon said...

A perfect Garnet stitch!
I hope your Mom is doing better.

Sheryl said...

This stitching will make a lovely gift card, thanks for the link

Sandy said...

The January stitch turned out perfect in garnet. That would actually be a good idea for all the months.

jocondine said...

Love the garnet color, often DMC 816 in my stitching. Great post. xxx

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

A nice quick stitch and ideal for a birthday card.

Mia said...

Υπέροχες όπως πάντα οι δημιουργίες σου, Αριάδνη μου. Τον τελευταίο καιρό απέχω λίγο από το κέντημα αφού ο χρόνος μου δεν επαρκεί γι' αυτό. Το αγαπώ όμως και σύντομα θα επιστρέψω σε αυτό. Το κέντημά σου για τον Ιανουάριο είναι εκπληκτικό και θα γίνει μια εξαίρετη κάρτα. Λατρεύω και τους σελιδοδείκτες σου. Πολλά μπράβο, φίλη μου. Σε φιλώ, Μία.
Και με την ευκαιρία να σου πω ότι έχω δωράκια για τα γενέθλιά μου στο μπλογκ μου. Θα χαρώ να συμμετέχεις. Φιλάκια.

rosey175 said...

That's a great idea and would work for all the months even. You got it done in record time too! Hope your mom is doing better.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The flowers are just beautiful and I loved seeing your Halloween stitching! I need to go online and find some patterns. I have 2 old magazines and so far that's what I've been relying on. Hugs!