Tuesday 16 October 2018

October Gifted Gorgeousness and Let the people choose-October-Halloween.

Hello everyone!
Jo of Serendipitous Stitching has just launched something new. She asked us to vote which themes we would like to see in her blog every month and we voted.
The theme for October is Halloween, for November it is Birthstones and for December Dragons. You can follow along, stitch along and visit blogs that take part.
I think I will manage to take part from time to time so for this month October I am with the theme of Halloween

The difference between me and the other cross stitch friends is that we don't celebrate Halloween in Greece. I am a teacher of English though so I teach it at school. I even used to order stickers and things from abroad to surprise my pupils. The last couple of years shops do bring Halloween things in Greece too but still a Halloween cross stitch pattern isn't popular.
But I was lucky because last year I won Happy Halloween cross stitch pattern in Jo's giveaway and promised her and myself to stitch it till the next Halloween. Jo even sent me a glow-in-the-night white thread to make the white parts in the pattern
Therefore this blog post is a Gifted Gorgeousness blog post as well since the pattern, one of the threads and the fabric (I won it in Brigitte's Place giveaway-no blog anymore) were gifted to me.

So I managed to finish it and I am showing it to you.
 The details are lovely!



 I even had a great IKEA frame that matched the pattern.
 You can visit Jo's blog and see the rest of the blogs that have linked up in GG this month here.
Unfortunately I never managed to take a proper glow-in-the dark photo so I can't show you that.It probably needs a special lens!
Also I had serious trouble to photograph this piece as my assistant Barca was always on the way.
 Another GG item here is what I gift myself every season now. It is the Autumn 2018 craftpod kit. You can subscribe to craftpod for one kit or annually. I am so happy with my kits so far.
Here's the content of the Autumn kit.

I will show you what I made with the kit contents in my next GG blog post.
So again if you feel like visiting more blogs that take part in Jo's link parties you just follow the links!
Have a great rest of the month!

13 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Fabulous Hallowe'en finish, Ariadne and your craftpod kit looks like it is full of lots of lovely goodies.

DJ said...

Your Halloween stitching is spectacular! What a fun piece, and special that you teach about it to your students in Greece! I'm looking forward to seeing your stitching on your recent package!

Barb said...


That is a fun Halloween design. Your stitching is lovely! Several years ago I taught ESL. It was quite a challenge to explain Halloween to children from cultures that did not celebrate that day at all.

Elfie said...

Beautiful stitching, and lovely pics. I have enjoyed my visit today.

Christine said...

What a lovely finish! The craftpod is really good this time isn't it. I'm looking forward to trying to make the mushroom

Rachel said...

I absolutely love your Halloween piece (except the spiders!) It must be very special, knowing that you were able to stitch it because of the generosity of others. :)

Ο κόσμος της Ράνιας said...

Ωωω έγινε υπέροχο το αποκριάτικο κέντημα !!!
Καλή συνέχεια και τα φιλιά μου !!

Beth in IL said...

That kit is just lovely!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in both my SALs this month! Your Hallowe'en piece looks lovely, especially with the gifted glow-in-the-dark. Even if we can't see it glowing!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

A lovely Halloween finish. There is a lot of detail in the design.

Astrids dragon said...

Wow, what a great finish, it looks fantastic framed! And your helper, Barca, is adorable.
I'm looking forward to seeing your kit finished, it looks like it's going to be perfect for fall.

beadgirl said...

Nice stitching!

Sheryl said...

Gorgeous stitching for Halloween. I love the colours The craftpod kit looks interesting too with its autumn colours.