Friday 10 October 2014

Our trip to the U.S.A (4)-Exchanging gifts.

I am so glad lots and lots of people decided to read my blog because of the trip to the U.S.A.. That gives me courage to continue and we will see when it will end!
Remember we are still On the first day of the trip, that's the 1st of July.
So after walking the beach we went back home. I still looked around impressed by the lovely decorations!
 This lovely basket filled with goodies was in our room! What a great hostess Marabeth is!
 I loved this handmade decoration made by Marabeth's daughter Amy!
 And there were souvenirs from Greece all around! The cross stitched little birds I had made for Marabeth some time ago. The Greek frames she had bought herself when travelling in Greece years ago!
 I adored this wall in the kitchen with all those great baskets!
 Don't you adore this room?
 And what about this room? I loved sitting here and seeing only green!
 And all those little details that show a person with so much taste in decoration!
 So we decided it was high time to exchange our gifts! But first a hug in the hammock!
Here are some of the gifts we exchanged! I made two cross stitch framed pieces for Marabeth!
This one I found in Cross stitcher magazine issue 224, it is a pattern by Michael Powel called Greek island. You can find it as a kit on his site. I custom framed it.
 This one is by the Little stitcher and I adapted the tails of the mermaids with the Greek and American flag. You can find the freebie pattern here. Here is Laura's shop on etsy.I put it in an IKEA frame to hang tea towels from.
 And my photos printed on a pillow! Made by inmyc. Isn't it lovely?

 Here we are posing with some of our gifts. The fuchsia Connecticut jumper Marabeth gave me is gorgeous!
 And Themis got some gifts too like this T-shirt. Here he is posing with the vintage insulators Marabeth found for us.
Here is the framed cross stitch piece.
 There's a funny story about this piece. I had stitched this for Marabeth three years ago when we had planned to go to the States but the airline went bankrupt so the piece stayed in my bedroom! I so much fell in love with it that I decided to restitch it for Marabeth!
 Well we finished the exhange over a lovely lunch in the sunroom overlooking the luscious garden!

7 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What wonderful gifts! And a special friendship. I'm so glad you had beautiful weather to be outside to exchange gifts. I'm enjoying your photos of your travels! Hugs, Diane

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Wonderful fun exchanging gifts and those gifts are lovely treasures for all of you. Do enjoy the rest of your trip to the states. Tell Marabeth that I love her house.
hugs Lynda Ruth

Unknown said...

Marabeth has good taste , her house is neat and so well decorated...Enjoying your photos!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Great gifts! And her house is so lovely :D

Mii Stitch said...

You must have been in Heaven with all the Seaside theme everywhere!! :D Lovely exchange xoxo

Decor Asylum said...

Πολύ όμορφο σπιτικό. Το ίδιο και τα δώρα σας! Την καλημέρα μου

LaPerLaa said...

That looks like a great trip and so much fun meeting each other!